Build your career one step at a time.
State Skilled Wage Rate Range
$25.45 to $30.57
Per Hour, Plus Benefits*
WCTC: Waukesha (block program)
Concrete finishing application requirements
- Apprenticeship application
- Employer application (if sponsored)
- Voluntary EEO Information Form
- Voluntary Disability Disclosure Form
- High school verification:
- Transcripts with graduation date listed, or
- Copy of high school diploma, or
- GED/HSED certificate, or
- Graduating senior: verification that you are on track to graduate, or
- Homeschool PI – 1206 form verification for each year completed
- Copy of driver’s license or letter verifying transportation means to get to work and school
What You will Do
Pour and finish concrete surfaces for highways, parking ramps and commercial and industrial structures; use high-tech equipment and critical thinking to ensure concrete surfaces meet required pitch, depth and alignment; apply architectural finishes and coatings to concrete for a variety of appearances.
*Apprentices earn minimum of 50% first year, 60% second year and 70% third year. Benefits, such has health care and retirement, are above and beyond this wage.
CAREERS IN CONSTRUCTION
Most people don’t realize apprenticeship is a career area with lots of opportunities. Getting into employment earlier means there’s lots of potential for you to progress quickly in your career. After putting your skills into practice, you could become a master craftsperson and/or land a leadership role at your company, such as foreman, crew leader, jobsite superintendent or project manager. Some apprentices start their own businesses or go back to school for a two-year construction management degree at a technical college and then apply that to a four-year building construction management degree at a university. How far you want to go is all up to you.