Build your career one step at a time.
State Skilled Wage Rate Range
$25.56 to $35.52
Per Hour, Plus Benefits*
NWTC: Green Bay
Sheet Metal Application Requirements
- Apprenticeship application
- Employer application (if sponsored)
- Voluntary EEO Information Form
- Voluntary Disability Disclosure Form
- High school verification:
- Transcripts with graduation date listed, or
- Copy of high school diploma, or
- GED/HSED certificate, or
- Graduating senior: verification that you are on track to graduate, or
- Homeschool PI – 1206 form verification for each year completed
- Copy of driver’s license or letter verifying transportation means to get to work and school
- Test results (Accuplacer or ACT)
What You will Do
Cut and mold sheets of metal into components for installing heating, ventilation and air distribution systems; operate computerized fabrication machines such as plasma cutters, brakes, presses and forming rolls to cut, bend, block and form sheet metal; problem solve in highly-technical layouts, prints and specifications
using math and critical thinking.
*Apprentices earn minimum of 45% first year, 55% second year, 65% third year, 70% fourth year and 75% fifth year. Benefits, such has health care and retirement, are above and beyond this wage.
CAREERS IN CONSTRUCTION
Most people don’t realize apprenticeship is a career area with lots of opportunities. Getting into employment earlier means there’s lots of potential for you to progress quickly in your career. After putting your skills into practice, you could become a master craftsperson and/or land a leadership role at your company, such as foreman, crew leader, jobsite superintendent or project manager. Some apprentices start their own businesses or go back to school for a two-year construction management degree at a technical college and then apply that to a four-year building construction management degree at a university. How far you want to go is all up to you.